Preikestolen Camping is located in southwestern Norway, 4 km away from the trail to Preikestolen, Norway’s top tourist attraction. At our campsite you will find two service buildings. The main building consists of a reception, restaurant and souvenir shop. The sanitary building consist of separated showers and toilets for men and women, a laundry room including washing machines and dryer, dish room and a chemical toilet. Good to know: there is no separate kitchen to prepare your meals. Instead, you will find uncovered grill posts at our campsite itself.
Preikestolen Camping is open between 01.03 - 31.10. You will find the current opening hours of the reception at the entrance of our campsite. Please note that it is not possible to make a reservation in advance. During high season it is recommended to arrive round 11 AM (check-out time) to find a nice pitch at our campsite.
Click here for 3D pictures of Preikestolen.
Click here for a short video about Preikestolen Camping.
Our campsite does not offer cabins (hytte)! It is not possible to make a reservation in advance! During high season it is recommended to arrive round 11 AM (check-out time) to find a nice pitch at our campsite.
Check-out is 11 AM or before.
Please note the additional costs per pitch below:
The area around Preikestolen Camping is well known for its beautiful nature and breathtaking viewpoints. There are many hiking routes for both beginner and more experienced hikers. Besides, the area is ideal for other sportive activities, such as: kayaking, mountain biking, stand up paddling (SUP) and zip lining.
Watch here live images* from our entrance, so you will never miss anything of what’s happening at Preikestolen Camping!
*The images are updated every minute.
The water at our campsite is heated with green energy!
Preikestolen Camping is always looking for enthusiastic and hardworking staff members! We offer positions for both trainees and seasonal workers. Please see our available positions below:
• Allround trainee Leisure & Hospitality*
• Allround trainee Travel & Hospitality*
• Allround seasonal worker
*Our campsite is certified at SBB in the Netherlands.
Main work tasks:
• Welcoming guests (check-in and check-out procedures)
• Providing tourist information
• Selling souvenirs
• Serving drinks and meals in our restaurant
• Maintenance of service buildings
• Reliable and service minded personality
• Fluency in English (knowledge of German, Dutch or Norwegian is a plus)
What we offer:
• A room in our staff house (free for those in traineeship, rental for season workers)
• Allowance for meals for those in traineeship
• Monthly compensation for traineeship / Monthly salary for seasonal workers
• An unforgettable experience in beautiful Norway
Interested? Please send your application letter and CV + photo to: email@example.com .
Note: application procedure starts in October.